for Mac App Store
- OS X 10.7+ (Lion and above)
- 256 MB RAM
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
Choose your dictionary
To keep it simple on the Mac App Store, we built all of our dictionary options into a single application.
Simply download Ultralingua and choose your dictionary on first launch. You'll get all your favorite dictionary content, and if you want to purchase additional dictionaries, you can do so at a discount using the in-app store.
No matter which dictionary you pick, you will get every translation you need with parts of speech, pronunciation, usage examples, related phrases, and more.
We built study tools right into the dictionary.
- Easily create your flashcards with the words you need.
- Organize them into sets by topic and color.
- Choose your own definition or let the auto-translation complete it for you.
- When you are ready to study, choose how many flashcards you see, what order they appear, the speed you view them, and which side you view first.
- Keep your flashcards for all of your dictionaries as long as you need them, and edit or delete them when you wish.
Improving your vocabulary and memory have never been easier.
The verb conjugator is simple to use, for beginning language learners and experienced speakers alike.
Just type in the beginning of the word and the conjugator will suggest verb possibilities. From there it is just a click to the tense you desire. Any verb, any form. You can access conjugations for all the regular and irregular verbs in any dictionary.
Once you find the verb you want you can switch easily between all standard tenses. Discover the verb's common uses at the bottom of the screen, and get detailed definitions in the dictionary.
Grammar, numbers, and more
Use the grammar reference guides that come with your dictionary to find answers to common language questions. They cover dozens of topics: gender, articles, irregulars, tenses, word choices, and more.
Learning how to write and pronounce numbers is something all beginners struggle with, so we include a separate tool in this app to make it easier. Type numbers into the search field and Ultralingua returns the written form.
Many of your favorite Ultralingua dictionaries are available in the Mac App Store.
- Ultralingua French-English
- Ultralingua Spanish-English
- Ultralingua German-English
- Ultralingua Italian-English
- Ultralingua Portuguese-English
- Ultralingua Latin-English
- Ultralingua Esperanto-English
- Ultralingua Norwegian-English
- Ultralingua French-Spanish
- Ultralingua French-Italian
- Ultralingua French-German
- Ultralingua Spanish-German
- Ultralingua Spanish-Portuguese
- Ultralingua German-Italian
- Ultralingua French-Portuguese
- Ultralingua Italian-Portuguese
- Ultralingua Spanish-Italian
- Vox Spanish Dictionary
- Vox Spanish-English Medical
Learn more about any of these dictionaries by clicking their title.