Collins Pro Dictionary
- OS 3.2+
- 22 MB Free disk space
- Intel-based Mac (will not work with PowerPC-based Macs)
- 256 MB RAM
- OS X 10.5+
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
- 400 Mhz Pentium (compatible) processor
- 96 MB RAM
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
- MS .NET 3.5 SP1
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7
iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
The Collins English Dictionary by Ultralingua for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad has dependable content, is easy to use, and works offline. It is a reliable reference for writers, students, and English language learners.
You can count on our Collins English Dictionary to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary:
- Search results display the word you searched for, related words, and similar spellings instantly.
- Tap any word in the dictionary results to conjugate it or search Google for usage examples.
- Browse through recent look-ups in the history view to jump back to a previous search quickly.
- No internet connection required.
Are you an English language learner? Look up unfamiliar words and read their definitions in English with this app. It is a great way to improve your skills and reinforce your learning.
All of this is available on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with no internet connection required. And because it’s a universal app, you can load it onto all of your iOS devices without making multiple purchases.
The Collins English Dictionary by Ultralingua includes all the English reference tools you need in a single place. Keep Ultralingua on hand while you’re writing, reading, memorizing vocabulary, and studying English grammar, and you’ll always have the word you want.
- Search results in the dictionary, verb book, and number tool are displayed instantly and they narrow as you type, so you don’t need to know precise spelling to find what you are looking for.
- When you find an English word you want to remember, you can send it to your flashcard deck to customize and review later.
- The entire app is offline, so your flashcards, dictionary, verb conjugations, grammar guide, and more are always available whether or not you have an internet connection.
An English grammar guide is built into the Collins English Dictionary for Mac so most grammar and usage rules are only a click away.
Download the 10-day free trial to get temporary access to thousands of verb conjugations, definitions, the flashcard builder, and more.
We know that as someone who loves language you expect more than simple definitions from your dictionary, so our Collins English Dictionary conjugates verbs, transcribes numbers, and includes built-in study tools like a flashcard builder and grammar guide. With our Collins English Dictionary, you can:
- Click on any word in a definition to look it up, conjugate it, add it to your flashcards, or search for usage examples online.
- Conjugate thousands of regular and irregular English verbs.
- Memorize vocabulary lists, verb forms, and more with flashcards.
- Define English words in email, web browsers, PDF files, documents, and more with a hotkey.
Try the entire dictionary and all of its features, completely free of charge, for 10 days by downloading the trial. With our Collins English Dictionary installed, you’ll be equipped to look up English words, conjugate thousands of verbs, and study language your way.
About the Dictionary
No matter which version of our Collins English dictionary software you choose, you’ll have access to the same renowned dictionary data from HarperCollins and verb data from Ultralingua. This Collins English dictionary includes reliable features and content:
- 75,000 entries, and 140,000 definitions
- IPA pronunciation for many words
- Parts of speech
- Example phrases, idioms, and expressions
- Geographic vocabulary and other proper nouns
- Hundreds of grammar and usage explanation notes
This dictionary data is licensed from and maintained by HarperCollins. Verb conjugations, provided by Ultralingua, are available for thousands of English verbs in twelve standard tenses. You’ll always find the conjugation you need.