Collins Pro Dictionary
- OS 3.2+
- 22 MB Free disk space
- Intel-based Mac (will not work with PowerPC-based Macs)
- 256 MB RAM
- OS X 10.5+
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
This dictionary includes:
- More than 65,000 definitions for over 25,000 headwords
- Slang, technical language, and both UK and US English spellings
- Phonetic breakdown of English entries
- Usage examples to help you translate words with multiple meanings correctly
- Register labels to indicate formality, offensiveness, literal or figurative use, and more
- In-depth treatment of difficult words, with hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
- Automatic recognition of inflected English forms, including conjugations and plurals
Collins dictionaries by Ultralingua require no Internet connection or expensive data plan to use. Simply download the Mandarin Chinese-English dictionary to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and use the dictionary either on or offline.
The Numbers tool spells out any number you enter while you type. With this Mandarin Chinese-English dictionary, you can view numbers as simplified Chinese characters or Roman letters.
It also translates as you type to demonstrate how numbers change as they grow.
Search in multiple languages
Search using Chinese characters, Pinyin, or Roman letters to find the word you need. Then, switch easily between languages using the "Swap" button. You can enable different international keyboards and then choose between them right within the app.
Use the Internet tools to access Google translations and examples of use within your dictionary.
- Translation: Look up definitions in Google Translate
- Examples: Check examples of use online
Internet tools make a perfect complement to the Dictionary and Number translator when you have access to the web.
The Collins Pro Mandarin Chinese-English Dictionary includes:
- Over 65,000 definitions for more than 25,000 headwords
- Search using Chinese characters, Pinyin, or Roman letters
- Number translator
- Internet tools
- Automatic form recognition
- No Internet connection required
- Search as you type
- Usage notes
- Search history