Dictionary by Ultralingua
- OS 3.2+
- 22 MB Free disk space
- Intel-based Mac (will not work with PowerPC-based Macs)
- 256 MB RAM
- OS X 10.5+
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
- Palm OS 4.1+
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
Tested on Palm webOS 1.1 or above.
- 400 Mhz Pentium (compatible) processor
- 96 MB RAM
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
- MS .NET 3.5 SP1
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7
- Tested on: Windows Mobile Professional 6.0+
- 30 MB Free Disk Space
Not sure which Windows Mobile product is for you? You should get the Pocket PC version if your mobile device has a touchscreen. If you use a keyboard, the Smartphone version is for you.
- Tested on: Windows Mobile Standard OS 6.0+
- Requires 30 MB Free Disk Space
iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Our top-selling Portuguese-English Translation Dictionary for iOS provides much more than word-to-word translation. It includes powerful features that help you get more out of your dictionary, as well as contextual translations that help you understand language in use.
- Conjugations are included for thousands of Portuguese and English verbs.
- Tap on any verb to view all standard tenses and forms.
- Search results appear as you type, and they become more precise as you continue.
- Related words, similar spellings, and more are suggested with each search.
- Translate numbers into Portuguese and English text.
- History view provides quick access to recent look-ups.
All of this is available on your iPhone or iPad with no internet connection required. And because it’s a universal app, you can load it onto all of your iOS devices without needing to make multiple purchases.
Ultralingua’s Portuguese-English dictionary for Mac includes all the reference tools you need for language learning. Keep Ultralingua on hand while you’re writing, reading, memorizing vocabulary, and studying English and Portuguese grammar and you’ll always find the word you need.
Search results in the dictionary, verb list, and number tool are displayed instantly and are narrowed as you type, so you don’t need to know precise spelling to find what you are looking for. When you find a word you want to remember, you can send it to your flashcard deck to customize and review later. The entire app is offline, so your flashcards, dictionary, verb conjugations, grammar guide, and more are always available whether or not you have an internet connection.
Download the 10-day free trial to get temporary access to thousands of verb conjugations, translations, the flashcard builder, and more.
When you are serious about language, you need reference tools that do it all. With this Portuguese-English dictionary for Windows you’ll find contextual translations and examples of use that can help you choose the right translation every time.
You’ll also get our powerful verb conjugation tool which includes conjugations of Portuguese and English regular and irregular verbs. You’ll always find the right word, and Ultralingua dictionaries don’t stop there.
Use the built-in flashcard tool to memorize vocabulary lists and verb forms. You can create custom flashcard decks, sort and review them as needed, and delete them when you’re done. Let the software challenge you by displaying them in random order, or choose the view you prefer.
The customizable hotkey allows you to search for words in many programs, including email, browsers, PDF files, documents, and more with a single key stroke. And like our verb conjugator and number translator, the hotkey feature also can be used on or offline - anytime, anywhere.
Try the entire dictionary and all of its features completely free of charge for 10 days.
Ultralingua’s Portuguese-English translation dictionary for webOS is among the most powerful and well-designed reference apps for the HP Palm Pre and Pixi.
- Search results appear as you type so you find what you are looking for instantly.
- Similar and related word results are offered in case you misspell or mistype.
- View conjugations for thousands of Portuguese and English verbs.
- History list displays recent dictionary, verb, and number searches.
- The number translator spells out any number in Portuguese and English text.
- Tap and hold any word in the webOS dictionary to easily access definitions, verb conjugations, and Google search from within the app.
WebOS apps are the only ones from Ultralingua that require an Internet connection to use. While internet connectivity helps you avoid reaching install limits on your device, this also means you’ll be temporarily unable to use the app if your service is interrupted.
Palm led the smartphone world with Palm OS, so the first mobile apps we created at Ultralingua were for this platform. The Portuguese-English Translation Dictionary for Palm OS continues to bring our most popular tools to original Palm devices:
- Portuguese-English translation dictionary.
- Conjugation of thousands of Portuguese and English verbs.
- Transcription of numbers into Portuguese and English text.
You can set your Portuguese-English Translation Dictionary for Palm OS to display search results your favorite way: choose either simple alphabetical display or advanced results display including related words and stemmed verbs.
Palm OS apps by Ultralingua are for the Palm Treo, Tungsten, Zire, and other Palm OS models. If you have a newer Palm device, like the Pre or the Pixi, you’ll want our webOS verison.
Windows Mobile Smartphone and Pocket PC
You can count on the Portuguese-English Translation Dictionary from Ultralingua to provide all the content you need on your Windows Mobile phone. This Windows Mobile app doesn't require an internet connection to function, so you can use it anytime, anywhere.
Search verb conjugations on your Windows Mobile phone to find conjugations in all standard tenses for thousands of Portuguese and English verbs. This is a useful tool for language learners seeking to master challenging irregular English and Portuguese verbs.
When you need to return to a previous result, use the back and forward buttons to navigate through recent searches in the Portuguese-English translation dictionary quickly and easily. To view any number in Portuguese or English text, just type it into the number tool. You can even add and edit your own specialized entries into our Windows Mobile dictionaries if you like.
Not sure which Windows Mobile version to download? Download our Pocket PC version if your device has a touch screen. Try our Smartphone version if your Windows Mobile phone does not have a touchscreen. Both are available for a 10-day free trial.
About the Dictionary
No matter which version of our Portuguese-English dictionary software you choose, you’ll have access to the same exhaustive dictionary and verb data. This Portuguese-English translation dictionary includes reliable features and content:
- 60,000 entries with 165,000 translations
- IPA pronunciation for many English words
- Parts of speech
- Portuguese noun genders
- Geographic vocabulary and other proper nouns
- Example phrases, idioms, and expressions
- Hundreds of grammar and usage explanation notes
The Ultralingua conjugations included in these products are available for thousands of regular and irregular Portuguese and English verbs. Portuguese verbs are conjugated into nineteen standard tenses, and English verbs into twelve. You’ll always find the conjugation you need.